From the Governing Council
Fall has arrived, the leaves are changing, and students have returned to school. Each year at this time I happily settle into school routines with my boys, this year at three different schools - elementary, middle, and junior high. And of course we are in full swing supporting our collegiate Chi Omega sisters. It is a time of excitement, renewal, and learning.
But it's not just current students who are learning. In the fall, I am reminded that one of our Fraternity's founding purposes is Sincere Learning and Creditable Scholarship. This learning does not end with graduation from school, but continues for life. Chi Omegas are lifelong learners!
We invite you to explore the Chi Omega Learning Center!
One way we support women is by talking about issues that affect our lives in very real ways. To support lifelong learning, we have developed the Chi Omega Learning Center, an on-line training tool that provides educational resources about topics of concern to today's women. Our goal is to prepare members to make confident life decisions.
The current library of topics includes:
- Alcohol Awareness
- Personal Safety
- Caring for Aging Parents
- Relationship Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Skin Sense
- Life After College
- Womanly Always
- Making the Grade
- Civic Engagement
- Art of Communication
- Reading Rewards
- Women and Food
- Tobacco and Women
Go to http://lc.chiomega.com to view these resources.
What can you do with the Learning Center resources?
- Cultivate your personal development! Log on to the site to read articles, review reputable media sources, take quizzes to test your knowledge in different areas, and learn about sisters who are making a difference.
- During this election season, educate yourself on civic engagement.
- Take an online seminar to learn ways to help your aging parents.
- Develop a plan to protect yourself against identity theft.
- Find ways to help a friend who is in an abusive relationship.
- Share the center with those you care about so that others can see how Chi Omega is making a difference in the lives of women. This is a public site and we encourage you to share it with friends, family members, and others in your communities.
- Tell us about other Chi Omega experts who could provide additional context to our subjects. We are continually adding information to keep this site current and relevant, and additional Chi Omega context deepens the richness of this resource. Send your ideas via email to email@example.com
Sisters, during this time of fall renewal and the start of the school year, know that Chi Omegas will flourish as we continue our commitment to lifelong learning.
Andrea Bechtel, National Secretary