May Message from the Governing Council
Ida Pace Purdue, former S.H. and first editor of The Eleusis once said:
"I... make an earnest plea to my young Sisters who may read these words. I urge you not to doff your interest in Chi Omega with your cap and gown but to regard your membership as something so precious that you will make of it a lifelong experience."
Time and time again members tell me that their alumnae experience becomes more rewarding and enriching to their lives than what they experienced in college. During this transition period for our senior Chi Omega members, it is important to remind them that the alumnae experience certainly lasts longer than the collegiate experience. Here are ways that alumnae can stay connected to Chi Omega:
- Join an alumnae chapter! There are over 230 alumnae chapters across the nation waiting to embrace new members. Alumnae chapters have members from many different chapters adding a new dimension to your Sisterhood experience. Click here to find a chapter near you!
- Visit everyday.chiomega.com. Keep your contact information updated to continue to receiving The Eleusis and other Fraternity news.
- Read The Eleusis. It will keep you informed of Fraternity news across the country.
- Use the Life After College Chi Omega Learning Center. Learn résumé tips, ways to market yourself, and even how to apply for insurance benefits.
- Stay in touch with your Chi Omega Sisters. The friendships you made in your collegiate chapter are strong. Strive to make them lifelong.
- Start a book club! Chi Omega has a book club resource community on our Reading Rewards Learning Center. Visit http://lc.chiomega.com for more information.
We invite you to stay connected to Chi Omega. Congratulations seniors!
In our bonds,
Jane Tankersley, S.M.
National Alumnae Officer