Celebrating 115 Years of Chi Omega
The 115th anniversary of Chi Omega's founding, April 5, 1895, will be celebrated across the country this month. As you can read throughout Chi Omega's websites, the women of Chi Omega have made many contributions to society since the Fraternity's founding. At this time of year, we take time to celebrate, acknowledge, and thank our Sisters who have enabled the Fraternity to flourish! That number of women is 300,000 and rising!
This is a popular travel time of year for the Governing Council. It is a privilege for us to be with collegiate and alumnae chapters across the country to celebrate Eleusinias and anniversaries. Recently, I visited Beta Gamma Chapter- University of Louisville, Iota Chapter-University of Texas, and the Austin, TX, Alumnae Chapter. I witnessed first-hand these women living out Chi Omegas purposes.
- Establishing friendships that will last a lifetime, having fun while celebrating initiations or gathering at alumnae events, and sharing successes and receiving support when challenges present themselves.
- Living high standards of personnel by making ethical and smart decisions that positively impact their campuses and their communities.
- Serving others by volunteering as community leaders, working on service projects or fundraisers, and signing up to run or walk in support of specific causes.
- Striving for academic excellence and intellectual pursuits, continuing to develop their minds and learn ways to be impactful citizens of the world.
- Building on the foundations established for them, working towards reaching their full potential, and serving as mentors and coaches to help others along the way.
- Making a difference in the future of their Fraternity by contributing their time, talents, skills, and financial resources.
You can witness these Chi Omega achievements, too. Read about them on www.TheEleusis.com or become a fan of our official Facebook fan page. If you're a Chi Omega, we want to know how you are flourishing. Send your story and picture to TheEleusis@ChiOmega.com.
Sisters and friends of Chi Omega, thank you for your continued support of our Fraternity. True yesterday, today, and tomorrow, Chi Omegas are making a difference! Happy anniversary!
National President of Chi Omega