It is the privilege of any Chi Omega member in good standing
to nominate Sisters for election to the Governing Council.
The five members of the Governing Council are elected
by delegates at each Convention to serve a two-year term in
office. The next term runs July 2012 through July 2014.
Any Chi Omega alumna in good standing, who has demonstrated
knowledge of Chi Omega’s purposes and policies and
who has served Chi Omega on the local, state, regional, or
national level, is eligible for nomination. Current Governing
Council members must be nominated again.
• An open mind and the ability to listen and evaluate input to make fair
decisions that are in the Fraternity’s best interests.
• An understanding of the needs of contemporary women.
• Knowledge of programs that enhance intellectual development and
promote ethical values in today’s college students and alumnae.
• A mind-set that will guard closely the welfare of the collegiate chapters.
• The skills to interact with university officials regarding recruitment,
housing, Panhellenic, risk management, and extension.
• A reputation for being dependable.
• The ability to make sound financial decisions that affect the current and
future health of Chi Omega.
• Good business sense and proven abilities in administration, management,
• Very strong written and oral communication skills for communicating
within the Governing Council, with the Executive Headquarters staff,
members, parents, and other important constituents.
• The ability to travel on behalf of Chi Omega.
• Willingness to commit numerous hours each week to Chi Omega.
• Alumnae membership in good standing in Chi Omega.
• A college degree.
• Good health and the support of her friends and family.
Nomination forms and information, including Council
member duties and responsibilities, are available at www.